|Scientific Name||English Name|
|6||Protista||Algae and protozoa|
Currently this text is only available in English
Depending on your selection, you can have a family or genus displayed.
You have a number of filter options: a. all, ticked or non-ticked (Default all); b. Geographical areas (default All) and c. checklist to be used (default as per your personal settings - Clements 6.7 for birds and GT 2.0 for non-birds). If you have modified the options, you need to click on "Set Filter" to activate.
* Column 1 gives sequence # based on the checklist that has been filtered
* Column 2 has a green tick marker if you have ticked the taxa
* Column 3 shows the IUCN codes (click on the code and you will be linked to IUCN species info site)
By clicking on on the menu line on any of these 3 columns (and column 5 and 6, see below), it will sort ascendingly or despondingly. You restore to the default sequence by clicking on column 1 until you have sequence #1 at the top.
* Column 4 has a Show/Hide marker for polytypic species (i.e. a species with multiple subspecies) - click on to show the underlying taxa; click again to hide. If you have expanded a number of polytypic species, you can hide them all by clicking on the species group itself.
* Column 5 (English name), column 6 (Scientific name) and, if you have the language option other than English, column 7 (Domestic name) are self-explanatory. The English and scientific names are from the checklist that has been filtered (in this case Clements 6.7). The domestic names come from various sources and translations.
* Column 8 has markers for species or subspecies with photos ( links to Photo Gallery) and those which lack photos ( links to Photo Upload page).
You can set the value on how many entries you want to display at a time. Also, you have a Search field with a predictive search function (starts after you have two letters) which is handy when browsing through big species groups like e.g. hummingbirds.
Finally, you will be redirected to the info page of the species which is highlighted in yellow by clicking on it.